Tribe House Blog
Facebook – converting your profile to a page
Posted : April 27th, 2011 by TribeHouse
This whole Facebook thing has changed the way most people in this universe communicate which is why I was this article is fascinating & could be extremely useful for a ton of people.
Basically, when Facebook starting taking off, a ton of people started adding personal profile pages on behalf of businesses / bands / companies and adding as many people as possible as “friends”. Or, in my case, I started a Facebook profile to let people know about the new business I was starting.
But, the big difference between a Facebook Profile and Facebook Page is that with a PROFILE you have to add people as friends and get their permission to connect with you whereas with a PAGE, people can “LIKE” your page without you even knowing. It’s open to the world. The other thing is that, let’s say you posted some pictures of you beating a goose on your profile page… or some random and embarrassing shots of you drinking punch from a bowl on a roof at a superbowl party that you want all your real friends to see, but not any of your Facebook friends / fans / stalkers to see. This is where you’re much better off to just have a Facebook PAGE instead and only post stuff on there that relates to your art / business / craft. Get it?
So, let’s say you’re like some of the people in our community who are musicians but never bothered to start a PAGE and don’t want to have to “FRIEND” complete strangers in order to let them know about your music. Now you can convert your PROFILE to a PAGE and transfer all of those “FRIENDS” into “FANS” on your page by migrating it over.
Click here to start the process but just keep in mind that you can’t reverse this so think thrice before you do this. You will lose all of your pictures / notes / and everything else you put onto your Facebook profile so if you do decide to migrate, you might want to download all of your content first by clicking here. But think of how cool you’d look with all those “fans” now eh?
So, to dumb it down even more – here’s a little list for you list-lovers:
– share personal info that goes to everyone
– need to “friend” people
– less personal – won’t show up in searches under your name (ie. your name is Mike Smith but your band name is “The Smitherines”. It’s just separate OK?
– Everyone & anyone can LIKE your page
– You can embed a LIKE BOX on your website to give an easy way for people to become your FAN without you needing to “accept their friendship”. Click here for how to do that.
What are you going to do?
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/9P8iRAJl19 Thanks to @davidbazan @IJMCanada @robpenner #gb17 #readbyrichard
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/LlfYtwnKpC Thanks to @jjshiplettmusic @lancepriebe @IJMCanada #bob #bazantour
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/Ph6fWqWOSN Thanks to @davidbazan @Love146 @greenbelt #readbyrichard #gb17