Tribe House Blog
Lottery Grants with CIRAA – C’mon, it’s worth a try
Posted : May 11th, 2011 by TribeHouse
There are a few things that almost every independent artist loves: money, winning the lottery & a good acronym. Like CIRAA.
How about having all of them though. Allow myself to explain myself…
Here’s how it works
You play a gig.
You signup and become a member of CIRAA (free).
You type in a couple of quick details about your gig(s).
20 people will be given a $100 grant (yup, free money) per month.
You can get up to $1200 this way per year and it takes like 3 minutes to put your info in there. And it’s free.
All mind-blowing details here.
SOCAN also has some cool ways for you to make extra money on gigs you’ve already played but this is a new thing that’s being introduced. Last I checked, CIRAA has about 4000 members so your chances of winning are (insert math equation here) pretty good I think. If you win or apply, let us know.
PS: If you don’t know who the CIRAA is, it’s similar to the CIA except it has nothing to do with spies, guns, black suits, movies, or highly classified operations. But they are both non-profits that are tied in to the government…
(from their site)
CIRAA is Canada’s only national non-profit organization dedicated exclusively to Canadian independent recording artists. They are totally into:
- promoting progressive Canadian Content rules that will ensure more airplay for emerging Canadian artists; and
- working to secure increased funding for unsigned artists from government, private radio broadcasters and other players within the music industry infrastructure.
They also have a super helpful podcast where they interview professionals in the music industry who pass on tips about grants, booking, publicity, marketing, and a ton of others here.
Hope you find this helpful. If not, click here for a totally off-topic Sexy Sax Man viral video of the week.
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/9P8iRAJl19 Thanks to @davidbazan @IJMCanada @robpenner #gb17 #readbyrichard
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/LlfYtwnKpC Thanks to @jjshiplettmusic @lancepriebe @IJMCanada #bob #bazantour
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/Ph6fWqWOSN Thanks to @davidbazan @Love146 @greenbelt #readbyrichard #gb17