Tribe House Blog
Ari Neufeld and his new full contact folk release
Posted : June 9th, 2011 by TribeHouse
There have been a few different artists that have claimed themselves as being a “One-man-band” and if there was an iTunes genre for this kind of musician, Ari Neufeld would be right at the top waving a huge flag. I’m not sure why he’d be holding a flag, it just seems appropriate.
Ari’s tagged the phrase Full Contact Folk and I think on one of his promo pieces he actually dropped “Kung-fu Folk” and this is because his instruments including his feet banging on a box, shells tied to his shins, bells tied to his knees, and piles of sound effects made with his voice. Of course, I remember Ari writing tunes when he was 15 years old that made me shake my head with jealousy and awe. Some of those tunes still ring around my head and will never leave. There’s something magical about this guy and now when I hear Ari play my heart swells with pride at how he has refined and redefined his craft of combining music and art.
He’s going to be launching his very first live CD and DVD with what will inevitably be an epic experience at the Streaming Cafe on July 16. But he’s chosen some really creative ways to help raise money for this project including a tiered package option for his fans to get plugged in usingRockethub. This being his 5th or 7th album or something (sorry, lost track) is super refreshing because it totally captures what he does live (obviously).
This album “Ari Neufeld – Live at the Dream Cafe” is a killer album with some great performances of some new tunes as well as some of the “classics”. It’ll be great to support him and see this dream of his come true (sorry for the lame pun) because he recorded this puppy at an amazing venue in Penticton with some amazing videographers, audio engineers, and not to mention that he totally nailed his performances of these 10 tunes. As usual, amazing.
Ari’s website: http://arineufeld.com
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/9P8iRAJl19 Thanks to @davidbazan @IJMCanada @robpenner #gb17 #readbyrichard
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/LlfYtwnKpC Thanks to @jjshiplettmusic @lancepriebe @IJMCanada #bob #bazantour
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/Ph6fWqWOSN Thanks to @davidbazan @Love146 @greenbelt #readbyrichard #gb17