Tribe House Blog
Art Leaks Blideo #7 – Talkin Donkey & the coffee shop with a cause
Posted : August 23rd, 2011 by TribeHouse
Clint Houlbrook is a 30 something-year-old with a mohawk. He hates injustice, loves youth, promotes fair-trade chocolate & coffee, started a coffee shop in Vernon, BC called the Talkin’ Donkey, and runs a blog out of his basement. He has worked for the Salvation Army for the past few years where he has caught the attention of the media for some of the antics (AKA youth events) he has organized in order to raise awareness and funds for various social causes. Stuff like “tagging” the sidewalks in front of porn shops and holding PS3 Rock Band competitions to raise funds for human trafficking are just a couple of the causes he has been a part of organizing.
A few of us (Dave Moore, Graham Ord, Nico Boesten, Charis Ord) interviewed Clint because he’s one of the few people who has enough fire in his bones to actually activate young people to make change. “They don’t want something to die for, they want something to live for” he claims “and if we can walk together & fight injustice together, at some point they begin to understand who they are and why they were created.” He is convinced that “Christians don’t have the market cornered on doing good” so he continues to include people from all backgrounds and faith to fight against injustice. If you’re ever in Vernon, BC, make sure you stop by the Talkin’ Donkey to support what they’re about – a non-profit coffee house with a social, environmental, and spiritual conscience.
PS: Their raspberry Italian Soda with whipped cream is to die for (no pun intended).
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/1rWSvWnVmu Thanks to @davidbazan @danikjohnson #loveandmoney #foreignassistance
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/ry2aldYV0B Thanks to @danikjohnson #loveandmoney #actsoftheimagination
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/jvvu4sQDYR Thanks to @robpenner @danikjohnson @IJMCanada #loveandmoney #wvadvocacy