Tribe House Blog
Katalyst with Carrie Harper
Posted : September 13th, 2011 by TribeHouse
Carrie Harper is such an inspiration. Last night’s Katalyst gathering brought up some great discussion on the theme of selling out and the fragile balance of being a “pure” artist & a marketer. It was refreshing to hear Carrie’s perspective on how she is using her creativity not only in her studio on canvases but also in her networking & marketing skills (which she has a lot of). She’s been branching out into the whole licensing world as opposed to sticking to strictly selling originals along with looking for opps to throw her designs on new mediums like iPhone & iPad covers.
With sites like Cafepress.com & Gelaskins.com it’s becoming easier for anyone to mass-produce their artwork from a simple little JPEG. What are your thoughts on this whole topic of selling out? You think it cheapens the work of the artist when the same image is on more than 1 surface?
PS – Carrie’s website is here: The Pear Workshop
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/JYFmX08RBH Thanks to @jeremycowart @robpenner @WorldVisionUSA #endtrafficking #wvadvocacy
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/j3mdtL1lYg Thanks to @greenbelt @brianmclaren @Love146 #readbyrichard #beyondsilos
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/buOZX4G6Gn Thanks to @davidbazan @jeremycowart @jjshiplettmusic #wvadvocacy #alwaysforyou