Tribe House Blog
Little Church Organics
Posted : September 8th, 2011 by TribeHouse
It’s always a happy thing to see new stores go up. Well, not always (hello Walmart), but a lot of the time. Especially when they are doing something good like providing healthy, organic fruit & vegetables.
Some friends of the tribe recently had an open house for Little Church Organics here in Kelowna where they walked us through their growing process (huge respect for farmers inserted here). Apparently, on certain days, you can kill the entire crop (not sure if this is the proper word here) in the greenhouse if you don’t ventilate it properly by opening the windows and peeling back the black cloth coverings. Can you imagine working 12 – 16 hours / day for 6 months only to see everything die within a couple of hours? Neither can I.
Rob & Naomi Bothe are heading up this plantation along with a few others so a tip of the hat to them & here are a few pics from the event. What a spread.
For more info on Little Church Organics, head over their website here. They’re located on 3609 Gordon Drive, Kelowna BC where there is (literally) a little, white church located on the back of the property. There is a ton of history packaged into this place and even a rumor that Father Pandosy himself was buried here.
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/h7MYM6kxMd #wvadvocacy #honduras
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/Bfcp8ETjy2 Thanks to @brianmclaren @SarahBrendel #loveandmoney #actsoftheimagination
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/Epb01i9HkS Thanks to @kwilim @SarahBrendel @jjshiplett #loveandmoney #actsoftheimagination