Tribe House Blog
Bottega Farm Inn Launches
Posted : October 7th, 2011 by TribeHouse
Bottega (pronounced Boh – Tey – Guh), a modern farm inn and retreat centre set against the backdrop of South East Kelowna, is a pretty exciting extension of what TribeHouse is a part of. The doors have just opened both online as well as literally & has already hosted a handful of pretty inspiring events including the Culture-Making lecture with Andy Crouch, a DVD filming of Andrew & Zachari Smith’s CD release party, and a couple of weddings.
Everything about this place screams inspiration… from the construction & design to the 10 hotel rooms, the 200 (approx) seat great room, and picturesque landscape nestled in the hills of East Kelowna on a 13 acre working alpaca farm. One of the coolest things about this artist centre is the long term vision to embrace a variety of artistic disciplines – from amateur to professional. “Focusing on community and cultural development, community members and artists can collaborate together under one roof to create art aiming for social change.”
The name itself is defined as “the studio of a master artist, in which other artists, apprentices, or students learn by participating in the work”. There are scads of dreams about what this means, what it will become, and what kind of a platform this will provide for the arts community here. With a full audio & video studio still being worked on behind the property, it’s hard to keep the drool in your mouth while thinking about how stellar it would be to record in such a peacefully-rich environment.
There will be plenty of chances to take a tour through this place but with the help of the internet, you can take a virtual peek into this palatial structure bound to be the hub of many inspirational discussions & events. Throughout the year it will be rented out for corporate events / weddings etc. but you can read all about that on the site by clicking on these words and make sure you catch this sweet video of the place here.
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/h7MYM6kxMd #wvadvocacy #honduras
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/Bfcp8ETjy2 Thanks to @brianmclaren @SarahBrendel #loveandmoney #actsoftheimagination
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/Epb01i9HkS Thanks to @kwilim @SarahBrendel @jjshiplett #loveandmoney #actsoftheimagination