Tribe House Blog
Songwriter Circle | Nov 18
Venue: Streaming Cafe
This month we’ll be featuring all female songwriters from the Okanagan. It’ll be a great lineup (and don’t worry, January will be an all-boys night).
Nov. 18, 2011 @ 7pm at the Streaming Cafe
Raquel is an amazing singer/songwriter from Vernon who has recently been heading back & forth to Nashville to collaborate on songwriting with some “heavy-hitters”. Ask her to drop some names – but you’ll need to ask because her skill is clothed in a sheet of humility.
Jane is an award winning singer songwriter who gave up her muse for over 26 years. Since 2000, she’s been writing and releasing CD’s every two years. Writing is her passion and one she can’t imagine living without.
Someone once said, “Everyone needs a feisty red-head in their life.” Jennifer Jade Kerr fits the bill. She performs with a mix of intensity and humour, and her music has been described as “wise”, “passionate”, and “breathtaking”.
Teena has various singing styles, which have evolved over the years of listening to the passionate gospel tunes of CeCe Winans, the jazzy phonic sounds of Al Jarreau and Ella Fitzgerald, the R/B vocal ranges of Lizz Wright and Van Morrison to the cool soothing sounds of Billy Holiday. Her two and a half octave voice is paired with the intimacy of her expressive original compositions.
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/0f2ISZp4AA Thanks to @IJMCanada @Love146 #thecommongood #gb17
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/wmSQKFxMuz Thanks to @danikjohnson @AmandaLindhout @greenbelt #valentinesday #endtrafficking
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/6eUzLcbWwX Thanks to @greenbelt @danikjohnson @robpenner #readbyrichard #thecommongood