Tribe House Blog
Songwriter Circle | OCT. 28
Venue: Streaming Cafe
4 Local songwriters set up in a (half) circle to share their tunes & stories. There are some great players booked – should be a sweet combo.
DATE: Oct. 28 from 7-9pm
- Here in the Noise
- Lance Barkman
- Justin Dyck
- Jimmy Balfour
We met these guys after the last songwriter circle with Colin Easthope. They play around Kelowna at different places like the Grateful Fed & have been jamming together since 2004. Super nice guys with some skills to pay the bills.
Playing mainly weddings, bachelor parties, and living room jam sessions, Justin has written a slew of tunes. He’s a newly wed with a great voice & a ton of character with some freshly written tunes.
Jimmy has been playing for over 10 years in a wide variety of setups including full-band-rock-your-toques-off style to “just-a-white-guy-with-a-guitar” solo-style. He did a really interesting combo with his wife, Nikki Balfour, at Katalyst a few month ago which they call “live painting” where he plays a song & she interprets what he’s playing on a canvas. He’s a great guy with some great tunes – it’ll be cool to hear about his new album where you can hear a sample here.
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/Rxng3Q7L5o Thanks to @brentyler @greenbelt #hurricaneflorence #readbyrichard
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/fmSuOpHEsj Thanks to @Love146 @jeremycowart @IJMCanada #hurricaneflorence #wvadvocacy
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/h7FCO2TxZ6 Thanks to @greenbelt @WorldVisionUSA #wvadvocacy #readbyrichard