Tribe House Blog
Songwriter Circle | Jan 20
Venue: Streaming Cafe
A solid lineup of singer/songwriters are scheduled for the first Songwriter Circle of the year celebrating the end of the world (2012).
Jan. 20 @ 7pm
Corey (with last name pronounced like “oak” tree) has been doing his thing for over 10 years where he has been busy recording 5 albums, winning awards (like the ’09 Covenant Folk/Roots album of the year), playing hundreds of shows around the globe, sharing the stage with legends like Martyn Joseph, and concentrating on growing his hair out. His songs have a unique blend of story, offbeat humor (see Scruffy the Elf video), psalmistry and poetry bound to cause you to either laugh, cry, sit up and take notice, and/or all of the above. He’s a great writer with skills that pay the bills.
After learning to play the gee-tar at age 10 in his hometown of Halifax, Josh moved to Nashville, learned a pile of stuff, and then ventured on to the 13th best city in the world, Kelowna. His tunes remind you of words like folk, pop, chill, imaginative, and are influenced by the the artists frequently played on his iPod like James Taylor, Paul Simon, John Mayer, The Beatles, and maybe a few more. He also played Lille Gard Fest this past summer.
Jordan is a bit of a newbie to Kelowna and a few of us met him busking on the street downtown playing an old Kay guitar from the 50s (details might be a bit off here). He played outside all summer and apparently was able to earn a decent living doing so but the winter months are too cruel for outdoor musician bravery, so we’re stoked to hear his tunes in the warmth of a cafe.
Glen is a roots / rock singer songwriter who is one of the most humble artists you will ever meet. He was mysteriously injured in a bike accident a couple of months ago so he wasn’t able to make the Sept. Songwriter Circle. Luckily, he’ll be ready to strum & pick like an 8 fingered gecko. And as for that last analogy, we apologize & realize that it doesn’t make sense but you get the picture.
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/QGOUL5PkgN Thanks to @IJMCanada @Love146 @danikjohnson #readbyrichard #endtrafficking
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/goi3oVGrI8 Thanks to @danikjohnson @Colossal @IJMCanada #wvadvocacy #readbyrichard
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/pnxn2hL7TL Thanks to @jonrbryant @brianmclaren @IJMCanada #wvadvocacy #virginfamily