Tribe House Blog
Songwriter Circle | Feb. 17
Venue: Streaming Cafe
Another great lineup of local singer/songwriters from Kelowna sharing their tunes & stories “in the round”.
Gary is a luthier from Kelowna BC who launched his latest disc entitled “Luthier’s Dream” in Dec. 2010. Produced by Andrew Smith and Gary D. Norris, recorded, mixed and mastered by Andrew Smith at Lille Gard Studio in Kelowna BC, Gary doesn’t tour the globe all that often, so we’re lucky to have this deep-voiced folky songwriter with us to show off some his latest tunes.
Singer songwriter Graham Ord has garnered respect internationally as a fine musician and engaging communicator. His live performances are always passionate and compelling leaving audiences wanting more. Graham has released seven solo CD’s to date together with several collaborative projects which have attracted accolades from around the world. He has also written and produced music for several other successful artists and has composed scores for short film and narratives. His production work with Cheryl Bear has won seven major awards to date including ‘Single of the year’ at the Aboriginal People’s choice awards in Winnipeg. His instrumental collaboration entitled ‘CHILL’ was nominated for a Shai award (Canada’s peoples choice music awards) for instrumental CD of the year. Graham now works as a full time musician and recording artist based out of Kelowna B.C. Canada.
A crystal clear voice with picking skills that would make most guitar players wonder if they should just stop playing. Basically, Bethany has some talent – check out her version of Black Bird by the Beatles she did for the TribeHouse Shabby Road Beatles Bash if you want to see the proof in the pudding.
Not only is Hayden one of the most humble artists you’ve ever met, he rolls with style. Being heavily influenced by artists like Bon Iver & Sufjan Stevens, Hayden likes to use his falsetto and nail covers by these (and others) like nobody’s biz. Just recently picking up the banjo, he is sure to be a name that is dropped more and more. He’s got something unique. Very unique. And did I mention that he’s really good?
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/Rxng3Q7L5o Thanks to @brentyler @greenbelt #hurricaneflorence #readbyrichard
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/fmSuOpHEsj Thanks to @Love146 @jeremycowart @IJMCanada #hurricaneflorence #wvadvocacy
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/h7FCO2TxZ6 Thanks to @greenbelt @WorldVisionUSA #wvadvocacy #readbyrichard