Tribe House Blog
Bowl of Haiti Sold out fundraiser
Posted : March 2nd, 2012 by TribeHouse
This was an event that a friend of ours, Marijanel Knight organized at the Streaming Cafe on Mar. 1 called Bowl of Haiti. She is an incredible photographer with a huge heart for the arts, faith, and justice which this event brought together. These images and update are from her blog.
One of the reasons I love being a Kelowna Wedding Photographer is because for me it’s seasonal and in the winter months I get to be involved in projects such as this charity event I helped organize…Bowl of Haiti. No sooner did we announce the event Bowl of Haiti and we were SOLD OUT, raising approx $1500 for kids in Haiti.
Potters from around the Okanagan Valley donated bowls generously so that every ticket holder not only got a bowl of delicious ethnic soup, but they went home with a one of a kind souvenir…a pottery bowl! Thank you to all the potters involved! Many of you know that when I’m not doing photography I am busy experimenting with pottery, it’s another artistic passion of mine, and I felt so blessed to get to meet and connect to so many amazingly talented potters!
After connecting to a passionate group of people at C3 Church in Kelowna, who are ambitiously raising funds to support the construction of a kids camp in Haiti, I decided I wanted to help by organizing Bowl of Haiti with the help of some other amazing people.
We also hosted a silent art auction and I was pleased that a few bidding wars broke out! It overjoyed my heart that the guests of the event were so thrilled to be there.
I had so much fun seeing and helping everyone pick out their bowls!
The food was delish! I had the BEST cooking partners ever…these two lovely ladies…
Thank you to all who came out and made our evening so successful! There are kids in Haiti whose lives will be changed by your generosity!
Also thank you to Tribe House (an artist collective) who helped us promote this event! Thanks to my hubby Steve Knight for taking all the photos, so I could mingle all night!
I want to do this again next year!!!
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/cEmHRsW05I Thanks to @IJMCanada @Love146 #readbyrichard #wvadvocacy
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/KLqUzqpGva Thanks to @lancepriebe @Colossal #readbyrichard #endtrafficking
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/e3WlWSkdGr Thanks to @brianmclaren @IJMCanada @kwilim #manyvoicesoneprayer #biz4lgbti