Tribe House Blog
No shoes No school for Romanian kids
Posted : March 16th, 2012 by TribeHouse
Some friends of ours, Mark & Coreen Biech, work with Hope For the Nations in Brasov, Romania where they run several projects including a Mobile Medical Unit, Farm project, and Child Sponsorship. They recently sent out an update about how several kids in their village weren’t able to get to school because they couldn’t afford shoes…
As you may have seen on the news, Romania has had yet again, a very hard and long winter. The snow has been non stop. In the midst, our HFTN teacher Izabella (who is at the farm 5 days a week) advised us that many children were unable to attend school (3 kms away) because their shoes were leaking or they had no shoes at all. Sometimes the simplest necessities impede children from getting an education. As a team we realized this was an easy fix. Izabella got measurements for all 80 children and went shopping. Later in the week our team went to the farms and made sure all the children got a new pair of shoes. Cornelia, our jurist, made sure that socks were included.
The classroom is full again!
It’s always so very rewarding to bring needed supplies during difficult times. Here’s looking forward to Spring!
Mark and Coreen Biech
President, Vice President
Hope for the Nations – Romania
For more info on their work, visit the website: www.hftn.ro
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/3NxSNLN7HJ Thanks to @danikjohnson @IJMCanada @greenbelt #wvadvocacy #readbyrichard
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/YRTx4qdEd8 Thanks to @robpenner @davidbazan #wvadvocacy #readbyrichard
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/rZ6OZrQhVi Thanks to @davidbazan @TonyCampolo @Colossal #wvadvocacy #liveboldinthecold