Tribe House Blog
Venue: Streaming Cafe
Every month, Streaming Cafe displays the works from different kinds of artists from the Okanagan. For the month of April, Cool Arts will be featured with a show called “Diversability”. The works will be on display from April 5th-30th and there will be an opening on Wednesday, Aprill 11th at the Streaming Cafe (596 Leon Ave.) from 5 – 8 p.m.
Cool Arts is a non-profit society that is dedicated to providing art opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities or diversabilities.
This show is called “DIVERSABILITY” ; recent works based on a campaign by local self-advocate Shelly Decoste who is campaigning to have the word “disability” changed to “divers ability”.
MORE ABOUT COOL ARTS:
Cool Arts is dedicated to providing fine arts opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities living in the Central Okanagan.
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to express themselves through the arts.
We believe that disabilities should not interfere with this choice.
Our vision is to create opportunities, to make art, to take classes and learn, to be in a supportive fine arts environment, to exhibit or perform, to be part of the larger arts community.
What do you think about this campaign to change the name from Disability to “divers ability”?
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/wmSQKFxMuz Thanks to @danikjohnson @AmandaLindhout @greenbelt #valentinesday #endtrafficking
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/6eUzLcbWwX Thanks to @greenbelt @danikjohnson @robpenner #readbyrichard #thecommongood
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/9WTVDhhhDd Thanks to @danikjohnson @IJMCanada #thecommongood #gb17