Tribe House Blog
Kelowna Museums and Shoreline Theatre are hiring
Posted : April 5th, 2012 by TribeHouse
Shoreline Theatre in collaboration with Kelowna Museums is hiring a Stage Manager, Assistant Stage Manager, Set Builder, Sound Designer, and Front of House Manager for the June production of the Canadian play “Mary’s Wedding” by Stephen Massicotte.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full job descriptions and application information.
By Stephen Massicotte
From May 28th till July 1st
Must have previous experience stage managing, the ability to run a lighting board, knowledge in theatre etiquette and safety. We are looking for someone who is hard-working, reliable, and enjoyable to work with. Rehearsals will run 6 days a week for 3 weeks, and the show will run for 2 weeks (wed-sat at 7pm plus student matinees and a Saturday matinee) with 12 performances.
The Stage Manager will be responsible for the following:
- setting up and running rehearsal schedules
- arranging costume fittings with the designer;
- distributing information to other theatre departments including director, cast and designer
- supervising the ‘get in’ to the theatre, when the set, lighting and sound are installed, and the ‘get out’, when all the equipment is removed;
- compiling and operating prompt copy – also known as the ‘prompt script’ or ‘the book’ – which notes actors’ moves and the requirements for props, lighting and sound;
- ensuring the company’s welfare and maintaining a good working knowledge of all relevant health and safety, legislation and good working practice;
- running the backstage and onstage areas during performances;
- liaising with the director, stage personnel and other technical departments (e.g. costume, lighting, sound);
- calling actors for rehearsals and performances;
- maintaining and replacing props and costumes as required;
Assistant Stage Manager/honorarium
From May 28th till July 1st
This position is targeted towards someone looking for professional theatre experience. Background in the theatre, and crew work is advantageous. The ASM will be responsible for the following:
- Attending some rehearsals and assisting the Stage Manager as they see fit.
- procuring all props, furniture and set dressings needed for rehearsal
Front of House Manager/Paid
From June 19th-July 1st
- In this position we are looking for a professional and friendly individual that excels at public relations and is extremely organized. The FOH will work each of the 12 performances which occur Wed-Sat at 7pm plus student matinees, Saturday matinees, and a show on Canada Day.
- FOH Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Setting up FOH and ticket booth each performance
- Training volunteer ushers
- Selling and Taking tickets
- Ensuring the fire exits are clear
- Seating the audience in an orderly and fashion
- Liaising with the SM regarding start of show
- Counting float and ticket monies
- Doing the FOH Speech before every performance
Working with the set designer, this individual must have set and construction experience and their own tools. The set builder will work to deliver the designers vision. Completely all work on time and in budget.
This individual will work within the thematic structure of the show, in collaboration with the Director’s vision to add sound and music to the show including pre-show music.
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/9P8iRAJl19 Thanks to @davidbazan @IJMCanada @robpenner #gb17 #readbyrichard
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/LlfYtwnKpC Thanks to @jjshiplettmusic @lancepriebe @IJMCanada #bob #bazantour
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/Ph6fWqWOSN Thanks to @davidbazan @Love146 @greenbelt #readbyrichard #gb17