Tribe House Blog
Indie book publishing tricks from Elle Strauss
Posted : May 28th, 2012 by TribeHouse
We recently had Indie Author Elle Strauss speak at Katalystabout her experiences in the indie publishing world. As someone who has spent the last couple of years dedicated to research on how to be successful as an independent author by building up a social network and following online, Elle has a lot to offer. She has recently been on the Amazon Top 50 for her YA book Clockwise and is in the process of self-publishing a whole series of YA books on a variety of platforms.
She created a presentation that was extremely informative for anyone looking to self-publish a book and she was gracious enough to pass on a downloadable PDF for anyone who is interested entitled Entrepreneurial Authorship - Tips to Writing and Indie Publishing.
This e-book is broken up into 3 helpful sections and introduces the fact that you need 3 brains as an indie author:
- Writing – the creative brain
- Editing – the critical brain
- Publishing – the business brain
Thanks Elle for offering this. Feel free to see more of her work here: http://ellestraussbooks.blogspot.ca/
Pictures taken by David Ward
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
- Lille Gard Festival – What a blast!
- 5th Annual Lille Gard Music and Arts Festival
- “Why it’s hard to be an artist in church–and what artists and churches can do about it” – An evening with Andy Crouch
An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Wednesday 22nd October 2014
Why I am an Atheist who believes in God – How to give love,…
InnCluded a music compilation to benefit those without a home.
Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called InnCluded and…
Lille Gard Festival – What a blast!