Tribe House Blog
Bon Iver inspires short film
Posted : July 6th, 2012 by TribeHouse
We have featured Kelowna-based artist Nikki Balfour on our site before but someone (ya, his full name is Roger Freeman) just sent us a tip on this latest short film by Clayton Arnall which features some more incredible footage of Nikki’s work to the soundtrack of a Bon Iver tune “Perth”.
For those who are familiar with Bon Iver’s tunes, they ooze emotion so it should be no surprise that Arnall says “whenever I listen to Bon Iver, I can’t help but start inventing emotive short films in my head as I listen to the music. Their music has such varying dynamics that are perfect for building a story.”
Some incredible videography, live painting, and dancing by Christina Cecchini with a peek at some of the landscape of Kelowna.
Inspiring. Triple thumbs up to you Mr. Arnall & Co.
Official video: https://vimeo.com/39723829
Written and Directed by: Clayton Arnall – claytonarnall.com
Assistant Director: Rhys Albrecht – rhysalbrecht.com
Artist: Nikki Balfour – nikkibalfour.com
Dancer: Christina Cecchini
Casting: Kim Devries
Hair: Tasha Arnall – bloomhairstudio.com
Makeup: Shana Albrecht – peppermintteahairstudio.tumblr.com
Lights rented from Okanagan Society of Independent Filmmaking – osif.org
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- TribeHouse Times is out! http://t.co/TUIjBnqz8k Stories via @TonyCampolo @fuelradioinspir @AmandaLindhout
- TribeHouse Times is out! http://t.co/iWGy7w0WC3 Stories via @IJMCanada @GlobalCitizenK @robpenner
- Bill Henderson and Claire Lawrence are feature artists at this years Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th 2015.... http://t.co/sCA1TW7gbL