Tribe House Blog
Lille Gard 2012 Fest Highlights
Posted : July 5th, 2012 by TribeHouse
The 3rd annual Lille Gard 2012 was intense: an experimental gathering of artists & activists leaving plenty of room for spontaneous interaction and inspiration. There was a brand new stage built for the event (which we had to evacuate on Saturday in order to avoid getting struck by lightning), over 40 artists from as far as Germany and L.A., and about 500 people who got together to be inspired by speakers, musicians, and artists.
With some last-minute improvising on moving the stage indoors and having people spill out into the courtyard, Lille Gard created a cozy environment for some intimate shows, live painting with 13 local visual artists, and tons of new ideas & philosophies presented by a few innovative thinkers.
It was cool to see Hellbound? show up with their tent showing the trailer to their feature documentary to be released fall 2012 (and NO, we don’t think the lightning had anything to do with them). Sarah Brendel flew over from Germany to officially released her new album at the fest (Before the Mountains), David Ruis & The Violet Burning made the trek up from L.A., and we had an entire Lille Gallery full of visual artists & live painters. As tradition would have it, the Sunday morning breakfast served up 400 Dutch pancakes with the Urban Birds playing some fusion Jazz instrumental tunes in the background on the cafe patio.
Here are some highlight pics and videos with a huge thanks to Rod Janz, Wendy McAlpine, Jane Eamon, and Carrie Harper for taking these. What were your highlights?
PS: if you haven’t joined the official Lille Gard Facebook group, JOIN IT NOW
Special thanks to our friend Sam McLoughlin for creating this video. Seriously.
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/cepVFxiwYv Thanks to @danikjohnson @WorldVisionUSA @IJMCanada #breakingnews #endtrafficking
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/nQ89SCh7CA Thanks to @jeremycowart @greenbelt #hurricaneharvey #readbyrichard
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/aArVI0lYwE Thanks to @danikjohnson @robpenner #fosterfreedom #hurricaneharvey