Tribe House Blog
TEN-TEN-TEN | Dylan Ranney – Robots & Social Justice
Posted : August 7th, 2012 by TribeHouse
Dylan Ranney shared some of his thoughts and sculptures including a 5-and-a-half foot tall metal robot named Roger made entirely with recycled material. This Kelowna-based UBCO grad is not only an incredible sculptor, painter, and musician (unfortunately he wasn't able to whip out his killer drum chops during this presentation) but has some inspiring thoughts on faith, social justice, art, and how they all fit together.
TEN-TEN-TEN was an experimental event held on May 24, 2012 at Bo.ttega Farm Inn. The concept behind it was to feature 10 different artists with 10 minute performances for 10 bucks admission. It was an incredibly eclectic evening with a capital “E”.
To find out more about the TEN-TEN-TEN event, check it out here.
DYLAN RANNEY BIO:
Dylan Ranney is a Vancouver born visual and performing artist who moved to Kelowna at the age of 10, and has recently become a studio member of Gallery Vertigo as a local artist in the Okanagan. Dylan has enjoyed over a decade as a performing percussionist, he is an avid traveler, hiker, and is a global citizen at heart. He has exhibited work in several shows in various Okanagan galleries including the Vertigo Gallery, and the UBCO FINA Gallery. Ranney has done several commissioned paintings, and took part in the Mad Hatter installation project under Byron Johnston. Dylan also enjoys public mural painting as a collaborative duo with local artist Liz Dumontet. Dylan is employed by Thrive Afterschool Club, working as a child-care attendant at the Glenmore center and has seven years prior experience working with kids at various summer camps and mentoring programs. Currently, Dylan is active in the Kelowna music scene as drummer with ambient rock band, ‘Oceans Apart’. Look for ‘Oceans Apart’ this coming summer at ‘Parks Alive’.
download software cheap
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
- Lille Gard Festival – What a blast!
A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
April 3-5 2015
A Spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins &…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- What are you doing this Easter?? You might want to consider this great retreat at the beautiful Bottega Farm Inn. http://t.co/48g5QeoD0p
- TribeHouse Times is out! http://t.co/NvKUJP8qFX Stories via @fuelradioinspir
- An incredibly talented bunch of teens hosting this great theatre production. March 10 -14th http://t.co/mPrZIE3Uuv