Tribe House Blog
People of a Feather | Reel Change film festival
Cost: Free (donations welcomed)
Reel change sustainability film festival is coming to Kelowna and Tribehouse is honoured to be partnering with the Fresh Outlook Foundation to bring to Bottega, the impacting film PEOPLE OF A FEATHER (A film about survival in a changing Canadian Arctic).
Featuring groundbreaking footage from seven winters in the Arctic, People of a Feather takes you through time into the world of Inuit on the Belcher Islands in Hudson Bay. Connecting past present and future is a unique cultural relationship with the eider duck. Eider down, the warmest feather in the world, allows both Inuit and bird to survive harsh Arctic winters. Recreations of traditional life are juxtaposed with modern life in Sanikiluaq, as both people and eiders face the challenges posed by changing sea ice and ocean currents disrupted by the massive hydroelectric dams powering eastern North America. The eyes of a remote subsistence culture challenge the world to find energy solutions that work with the seasons of our hydrological cycle.
6:00 PM: Appies & Wine (pay by the glass)
7:00 PM: Film screening followed by a panel discussion featuring local experts
Admission is free but donations to Fresh Outlook foundation are most welcomed.
4485 Sallows Road, Kelowna BC (Map)
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/cepVFxiwYv Thanks to @danikjohnson @WorldVisionUSA @IJMCanada #breakingnews #endtrafficking
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/nQ89SCh7CA Thanks to @jeremycowart @greenbelt #hurricaneharvey #readbyrichard
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/aArVI0lYwE Thanks to @danikjohnson @robpenner #fosterfreedom #hurricaneharvey