Tribe House Blog
Christmas tunes using Instagram Hashtags
Posted : December 6th, 2012 by TribeHouse
One of the most creative people we have the pleasure of working with in TribeHouse is our very own Nico Boesten. This is a great example of his creativity both musically and with video creation. If you like it as much as we do then be sure to download it and also share it with your buddies. Merry Christmas everyone.
After very little planning, no practice, and a lot of inspiration to record a couple of Christmas tunes, me and a few friends got together for a “Live off the floor” recording to release a digital download of “Christmas Balls”.
I made this Youtube video to go along with the song “We Three Kings” because I thought it would be interesting to create an entire music video from Instagram hashtags. For those who are looking at your computer screen all confused because of the word “hashtag” and you’re trying to figure out if it’s some sort of drug paraphernalia, it’s simply a way for Instagram users to publicly share their photos using “tags” or keywords. So, what I did was take the lyrics of “We Three Kings” and about every third word or so, I searched Instagram for that tag, took a screenshot from my phone, then put it all together to this new version of the song we recorded for your audible and visual enjoyment (especially those of you with ADHD). There are 2 songs to be released on this 2 song digital-only album and everything is being offered at a “pay whatever you want” basis.
Hopefully you’ll want and it would be stellar if you can afford to pay.
Nico Boesten: vox / acoustic guitar
Michael Donley: bgv / electric guitar
Corey Janz: bgv / hammond
Eric Funk: drums / dancing
Brian Wiebe: upright bass
Jamie Prentice: engineering help
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/CwfLG3ycDr Thanks to @IJMCanada @RaquelColeMusic @Love146 #voteremain #designspiration
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/RVAm90SkL1 Thanks to @arthouseamerica @robpenner @jjshiplettmusic #gb16 #silentstars
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/czmgAlhBUu Thanks to @brianmclaren @TonyCampolo @IJMCanada #gb16 #silentstars