Tribe House Blog
Teen Singer/Song writer Mentorship program
Posted : October 24th, 2013 by Graham Ord
Our home is often a place where teens come and hangout and invariably the musical instruments come out and various songs are shared. It was during one of these sessions that the idea came to offer teens an opportunity to be mentored in the art and skill of song writing and performance.
Teen Songwriters are encouraged to go further
So Tribehouse in partnership with the Streaming Cafe has put together a mentorship program that will occur over two Saturdays with all day practical sessions which will then culminate in a live concert at the Streaming Cafe which will be video’d and multi-track recorded. All the teens participating will be given a youtube video of their song at the end and their song would be included on a compilation download which will be made available through Tribehouse. Any profits we make will benefit a local charity.
Finding Teens to participate in such a program was relatively easy especially because we had many connections with Teens through the community already. The 11 kids invited range in age from 11 to 18 and all are all songwriters or composers who are at varied levels of experience. All of them are very talented. The mentors we chose are three amazing people, Betty Anne Northup, Bob Oldfield and Andrew Judah, all three have a vast amount of experience in the music business and also a tremendous heart for passing on their knowledge to the next generation.
Here’s what program will look like
Over the first few days the Teens will have opportunities to share their songs and then be guided along by the mentors with regards to writing, arranging, stage presence, performance, promotion and being part of a healthy creative community that gives back as well as receives. The Friday live concert will consist of each participant performing their own songs hopefully utilising the advice they have learned!
The whole weekend will be video documented by Dutch born videographer Maurits Nienhuis. We will post the video at a later date.
If you would like to attend the concert at the Streaming Cafe on November 8th 2013 there will be limited tickets available by emailing info(at)tribehouse.org
- Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
- A spiritual retreat: Storytelling & the Landscape of the Soul with Gareth Higgins & David Wilcox
- Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
- Katalyst Art Gatherings with special guest Lane Merrifield
- An evening with Frank Schaeffer – New York Times best selling author
Bottega Festival July 17th and 18th
July 17th - 18th
BOTTEGA FESTIVAL IS A MUSIC AND ARTS COMMUNITY GATHERING IN KELOWNA BC NESTLED IN…
InnCluded is a music compilation to benefit those without a home. Tribehouse has put together a fine music compilation to benefit “Inn From The Cold” homeless shelter in Kelowna BC.
The project is called…
Adam Dickens – TAKING PICTURES, CHANGING LIVES
Adam Dickens is a photographer and designer based in London, working in the UK, East Africa and Asia.
Adam Dickens’ design work is very well known in the UK having built…
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/JYFmX08RBH Thanks to @jeremycowart @robpenner @WorldVisionUSA #endtrafficking #wvadvocacy
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/j3mdtL1lYg Thanks to @greenbelt @brianmclaren @Love146 #readbyrichard #beyondsilos
- The latest TribeHouse Times! https://t.co/buOZX4G6Gn Thanks to @davidbazan @jeremycowart @jjshiplettmusic #wvadvocacy #alwaysforyou